View this page in Welsh here.
Fair Do’s is proud to be involved with the work of educating young fair traders in local schools. We are passionate about the message of fair trade reaching the younger generations and offer several services to teachers and pupils in order for this to happen. Here are a few ways we can work with your school:
- Many groups from local schools take advantage of our sale or return service. They take our stock to their events or assemblies to sell and introduce their peers to the wide range of fair trade foods and crafts on offer.
- We welcome small groups of pupils with their teacher for a tour of the shop and stock room. During this tour, any questions about the shop and about fair trade in general can be answered, and the pupils take part in various activities to help broaden their knowledge of fair trade. A group visit to the shop costs from £25.
- Fair Do’s has several resources for schools including DVDs, books and posters that can be lent out to schools. Click here to see our list.
- Free digital resources, including an assembly and classroom activities, related to our research project about the impact we have when we buy fair trade items can be downloaded from our project page.
- We can supply catering packs of tea, coffee, and sugar etc for staff rooms. You can view our prices here (correct May 2019)
- We can arrange for somebody to visit your school to give a talk, assembly or classroom session in English or Welsh. The cost of a visiting speaker starts from £25, as well as travel expenses (dependent on location). Please note that our schools speakers do not work for Fair Do’s full time so they may have limited availability, but we will always do our best to accommodate your school’s needs.
- If you are doing the Fair Trade Schools Award, and would like some help to become “Fair Aware”, or would like to join our schools’ newsletter email list, please get in touch with Sarah email@example.com.
If you would be interested in using any of these services, please call us at the shop on 02920 222066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fair Do’s on-line game is suitable for children of all ages and adults. Solve the picture clues and learn more about some of our products.
We work in conjunction with Traidcraft to make resources on fair trade accessible to schools. These resources are reproduced with thanks to Traidcraft.
Visit www.traidcraftschools.co.uk for more resources and ideas.
We also have lots of resources in Welsh here.
FP – KS2
Find your way through fair trade Simple introduction to FT for Primary schools.
Only available in English but most of it is picture based and could be used in English or Welsh.
Trading Games – instruction in English only but games could be carried out in any language.
The Chocolate Trade Game – age 9+ / Youth group (11-18) – Simulation games
The Trading Game – age 13+ / Youth group (11-18) – Simulation games
If you’re feeling musical, you can download these Fairtrade songs to sing with your class or group! (With thanks to Fair Trade Wales and Sue Fisher.) These songs are all sung to well-known tunes and are a fantastic way to make sure the Fairtrade message sinks in!